Interns will be expected to work 15-20 hours a week. Days and times are flexible. Interns will be assigned to various political and corporate campaigns working to implement strategy as directed by campaign managers. This may include recruiting volunteers, running phone banks, generating canvassing materials, and designing literature. Opportunities for brown-bag lunches with outside leaders across various fields will be presented to further professional development and gain contacts. Additionally, interns may be provided with relevant reading materials to help tie theory to practice. As an intern, you will be a valuable and integral part of our fun and hardworking team, and your work will directly affect the performance and growth of Calvert Street Group.
Campaign Project Interns
Interns may assist Campaign Managers with the following tasks:
- Analyze the political landscape and devise strategy for executing your campaign plan
- Design and execute individualized voter contact programs
- Write, edit and proofread outreach materials including direct mail, press releases, talking points, and fact sheets
- Build coalitions in support of client objectives, including stakeholders, elected officials,
opinion leaders, and the media
- Utilize cutting edge voter contact programs including voter file management, micro-
- targeting, voter ID programs, phone programs, and integrated social media
- Identify and work with media; demonstrate knowledge of traditional and social media
- Attend client and regulatory meetings, meet deadlines, draft reports.
Open to Sophomores. Juniors or Seniors preferred
- Strong communication, critical thinking, research and interpersonal skills
- Solid research, writing and editing skills
- Detail oriented and a strong work ethic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, experience managing voter contact databases a plus
Submit a brief cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Campaign Project Intern” in the subject field. Please include your desired salary range and references. No phone calls please.
- Social media monitoring
- Content creation
- Analytics reporting
- Target audience research
- Analyze the online political landscape and execute a strategy and a campaign plan
- Attend client and regulatory meetings, meet deadlines, draft reports
- Identify and work with traditional media and online influencers
- Write, edit, and proof-read outreach material including press releases, talking points, mail, and fact sheets
- Write, edit, and proof-read digital content for posts and ads
Open to all qualified applicants
- Strong critical thinking, communication, research, and interpersonal skills
- Strong research and writing skills
- Detail oriented and strong work ethic
- Proficiency or willingness to learn the following:
- After Effects
- Final Cut/Final Cut Pro
- Facebook Business Manger
- Google Adsense
- Twitter Ad manager
- Experience or willingness to learn Nation Builder, NGP VAN, etc.
Submit a brief cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com with “Digital Intern” in the subject field. Please include your desired salary range and references. No phone calls please.